No loan move for Carroll
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has blasted Newcastle and says there is no way they will get Andy Carroll back on loan.
Newcastle are keen for Carroll to return to St James’ Park and the player himself has already turned down West Ham because he is holding out for a return to the club.
However Liverpool are in no mood to do business after it was revealed Newcastle want the striker on a season-long loan deal with a view to a £12million move and will only pay half of his wages next season.
The bid has infuriated Rodgers who says it will take a big offer for him to leave so close to the transfer window closing.
“I need a minimum of three strikers. Once the window shuts, that is it until January. I have got Luis Suarez, Fabio Borini and Andy,” he said.
“I would need to be a nutcase to even consider at this moment to let Carroll go out, unless there are other solutions for that. At the moment there isn’t.”
When asked about Newcastle’s loan bid, he bit back: “Absolutely no chance ? and certainly Newcastle. They got £35million for him last year. To even consider wanting to take him on loan is a liberty really.”by: Michelle, August 23, 2012